A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ruffles, part 1

I picked up a ruffling foot so I wouldn't have to hand gather the material for each layer of the dress. Getting a ruffling foot to work is not the easiest thing in the world, but once I finally managed to get it going and was chugging along, the sewing machine came apart. Apparently, a spring in the needle holder came loose. I packed up the machine, took it to the repair shop and was back in business after a fairly short break. This weekend, I managed to get the dark pink ruffled and all three bottom ruffles on the dress. I can now move on to the next color.

Each ruffle was pinned on right side to the dress, pointed up, then sewn this way. After being sewn on, the ruffles were hand pressed toward the hem of the skirt and top stitched down.
Ruffle pinned on Broken Machine
Sewing on the ruffle
Topstitching the ruffles

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home