Today I made some good progress, we went shopping and made some acquisitions on costume accessories to round out the two arm stalks of the Dalek and those are squared away (if we can figure out a way to straighten the paint roller that is - any suggestions??)
I also made solid progress on the dress, although I think at this point it is only going to have the spheres on the front. While I am very happy with how these are turning out, they are time consuming to produce. Besides, if we don't do the back, Rose will be able to sit. :)
Interfacing attached with spray adhesive, then measured and marked with pen. It is then sewn in and the circles are sewn in. The circle is cut out and a gathered gold insert is sewn into each one. The front of the dress has four columns of four circles each. As of tonight, I have all of the interfacing sewn in and all the circles reinforced. The first column of gold inserts have been sewn in and I am very happy with the results. At this point, the next image you are likely to see will be of Rose in the full costume.