A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Monday, March 28, 2011


I cut out the skirt as several square panels using the Civil War dress pattern. However, the pattern uses box pleats to take up the fullness. This dress needs to be smooth so the ruffles lay correctly on it. To accomplish a smooth skirt, I pinned the large tube to take several darts of fabric out and to make it fit the hoops we have. I will sew these darts on another date.

Taking it up 2

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Starting some progress...

Went out and bought the second pattern today, so I started cutting out the test patterns out of white muslin. Ivy took a few shots of me cutting things out. Cutting out tests 1
Cutting out tests 2

We also found a great fabric for the top as well. Ivy was pretty excited. I picked up the last two yards they had.