A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Liana's Grandmother's Lemon Bars Recipe

Lemon BarsAnother of the recipes from my grandmother's collection was her Lemon Bar recipe. After making them yesterday for a party, I promised I would share. This recipe is copied directly from the card in my box (hence the use of the ingredient "oleo" - many of my grandmother's recipes call for "oleo"). Depending on the day, I use either margarine or butter when making the bottom layer. For people with wheat issues, the flour can be substituted with rice flour and the bars still work out great.

Lemon Bars

1st Layer:
1 cup oleo
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar

Mix with pastry blender. Pat down in 9x12 pan. Bake at 350° for 20 min.

2nd layer:
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder

Pour this over the top of 1st layer. Bake 25 min or until just firm. Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home