A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ivy missed the bus

Every morning, we get Ivy ready and get her out the door at 7:45 am to catch the bus. Then she heads across the street to wait. When the weather was bad, she waited inside the house across the street with another kindergartener and they came out when the bus stopped. A few months ago, there was a substitute bus driver that didn't know they waited inside and he just drove on by. After a few phone calls (I was without a car that day), the driver to come back and get the two kids he was supposed to pick up, after he dropped the rest of the kids at school.

Today, I got her out of the door as usual. She was waiting inside and the bus came. I saw one set of little feet get on the bus, the bus waited a little longer and then it took off. The mom across the street came running out of the door as the bus turned the corner with Ivy running behind her. I got a little upset, but I figured that maybe Ivy had been in the bathroom or some such distraction. Ivy walks back across the street, with some minor yelled conversation between the mom and I.

Ivy comes in the house and I ask her to explain why she missed the bus. She tells me that the dog across the street was jumping on her and she was afraid of it and didn't make it outside. At this point, I can barely contain my anger at her. I know it is unreasonable to be this mad, but I still am.

Luckily, Glenn was running late and still here, so he was able to take her to school "on the way" to the office. However, her school is in the opposite direction of his office and she got to school late.

Since this is the second time that waiting inside has caused a problem (and since the weather is nice), Ivy is no longer allowed to wait inside for the bus. She can wait in the yard so that she sees the bus coming and the bus can see her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home