A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Review: Batman Begins

Yeah! We got a good Batman origin story!!!!!! Christian Bale does a good job with an angsty Bruce Wayne/Batman and you have to love Michael Caine as Alfred. As most origin stories, the beginning works through the issues of why the character chooses the path they are on and this takes a decent portion of the movie. I particularly enjoyed how this movie deals with how Batman gets his gear (the suit, the cape, the utility belt, etc). My only problems come in the character of Rachael Dawes played by Katie Holmes. At times she fails to be believable in her emotions.

Some parts of the movie were genuine "make you jump" slightly scary moments. I would not take my kids to see this one, but I would let them see it at home. However, there were several very young kids in the audience tonight that seemed to not freak out, much to my surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home