A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sorry, it has been a busy month: Here's the rundown...

A knight at the joust
Things around our house have been nuts. With me working two days a week, then playgroup, then a laundry/cleaning day, then an appointment day, then weekends that are booked solid, I barely have time to breathe, much less blog.

I can tell that it is almost time for me to see the neurologist again as my migraines are increasing in frequency and duration. Last Sunday, I had a full-blown bad one including being so nauseous I didn't want to move.

Saturday, we spent the day at the Bristol Renaissance Faire for opening day of the 2005 season. We took my parents and the kids and everyone had a great time. That is, until it was time to leave. We got into the van and drove a little and it was making a horrible noise. We stopped and realized that the rear passenger-side tire was flat. With some help from my dad and Tim, we got the tire changed and were on our way. However, driving on a small-sized spare meant that we could drive no faster than 50 mph. Being approximately 115 miles from home, it was a long drive back after a very hot day at the Faire. At least the trip home was broken up by our traditional stop for food at the Machine Shed in Pewaukee.

Flat changing by committee
For those keeping track, that means our last three trips to Bristol have ended poorly. This visit: the tire. The visit before: Glenn lost the key to the van. We were waiting for HondaCare (similar to AAA) and Scott checked lost and found to finally find the key in the pocket of the Faire Director. The trip before that: Rose dislocated her arm in a case of nursemaid's elbow and we had to visit the emergency room. A friend has threatened to start a pool for our friends to guess what happens when we next attend the Faire in August.

My cake!
This time of year is also cram-packed with birthdays. All four of us have our birthdays within 36 days. We have survived Rose's, Glenn's and Ivy's birthdays and mine occurs next Tuesday. We celebrated Rose's birthday with a group party with many friends out at Devil's Lake State Park. We celebrated Glenn's, Ivy's and by birthday (and the birthdays of 5 others and a baby shower) in a large friend group party on July 4th weekend that included a tent city in the host's backyard. Glenn purchased a sand castle bundt cake pan for me for my birthday and was so excited, he gave it to me early and promised to make me a cake. I was impressed that he would even make the suggestion as he is a self-proclaimed "non-baker". He made the cake early on the day of the party (we camped over the night before as well) and finished it up during the party. Everyone (including me) was very impressed and it was delicious!

Ok, enough textual blogging, here are some photos of other recent events:
More From Bristol:
Rose on a ponyRose, Ivy and Grandma with a fairy
Ivy and Rose with GrandparentsThe Aerial Angels
Other Summer Events:
Building a backyard fortA memorial for Gracie the cat

1 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had also seen that castle-shaped Bundt pan, and thought, "You know who would like this? Liana would!"

    I see that I was correct. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home