A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

First person

Today Rose drew her first image of a person. You can see the two legs, hair, and three arms. She also drew two eyes and a mouth. She said the person is crying because their mom wouldn't let them have a popsicle (note the lines of tears on the face). In my defense, she didn't ask me if she could have a popsicle before drawing the sad person.

When Ivy drew her first representations of people, they were in crayon on her dresser, the closet doors and the walls. Rose decided to do this one on paper with a ink pen that was pink sparkly ink. It is much easier to preserve the one on paper. Somewhere around here, we have pictures of Ivy's first people, but they are not very good (pictures that is, the people were just fine - in fact, those had no hair like Rose's one did, but Ivy's people were happy). Ivy was supposedly taking a nap, when I went in to check on her, I was both proud and upset.

With Rose, she just asked if she could use the pen, grabbed a piece of paper and started to draw. I assumed that she was going to draw more scribbles like she usually does. Imagine my surprise when she handed me the paper. I asked her if it was a person, and she said yes and pointed out the various parts to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home