A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Yet another internet meme

A version of the Unitarian Jihad was sent to me in email today. Finding it enjoyable, I searched to see if I could find the initial source. It seems to have been published by Jon Carroll at the San Francisco Chronicle.

We are Unitarian Jihad, and our motto is: "Sincerity is not enough." We have heard from enough sincere people to last a lifetime already. Just because you believe it's true doesn't make it true. Just because your motives are pure doesn't mean you are not doing harm. Get a dog, or comfort someone in a nursing home, or just feed the birds in the park. Play basketball. Lighten up. The world is not out to get you, except in the sense that the world is out to get everyone.

Also while searching, I found the Unitarian Jihad Name Generator which yielded the following results for me:

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Sister Howitzer of Enlightenment.

Get yours.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Glenn said…

    I'll take "Brother Broadsword of Reasoned Discussion".

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say, "Bring them on." America would be better if the Unitarians would begin their Jihad.
    -Larry

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Eric The Read said…

    And I shall be known henceforth as "Brother Cattleprod of Moderation"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home