A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Tomorrow is my birthday. My family has decided to give me my last few presents today. Last friday, Glenn gave me a large bamboo cutting board like his little one.

When I got home from work today, the kids were wrapping my present from them and Glenn had just finished wrapping what he was going to give me. The kids couldn't wait, so I opened their present: the DVD of A Series of Unfortunate Events. Unfortunately, they accidentally picked up the fullscreen version instead of the widescreen version. Since we couldn't watch that, Glenn had me open his present. I actually squealed with joy when I saw that he had gotten me the DVD of Cry Baby. This is one of my guilty pleasure movies and I am very excited to own it on DVD. He also picked up the first season of The Greatest American Hero. This is also something I fondly remember watching. Hopefully it will stand up! I am still excited to own it.

However, this means I will not be opening any presents on my actual birthday. Glenn and I will go out tomorrow night, but that will be fairly sedate. We plan to go out on Thursday for dinner with friends and then again on Saturday with more friends for a State Street Crawl. That will likely entail some birthday celebration.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger Jon said…

    Happy birthday, Liana!

    I hope you have a fantabulous day!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Glenn said…

    In point of fact, on her actual birthday, I took a bunch of our old videogames that we don't play any more to Video Game Exchange and turned them in for game credit. This netted us a $177 gift card. I got myself Gran Turismo 4, but the remaining $127 I gave to liana as a gift card, so she did get one present on her birthday.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A belated happy birthday from us also, Liana.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Liana in Wisconsin,
    Happy belated birthday. My name is Liana too, and my 35th birthday is tomorrow, July 26. Just wanted to drop you a line and say hello. We "lianas" should stick together!
    Bye!
    Liana in Oregon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home