A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Life & Work: One week later

Things are still rough. My legs still complain daily. Sunday morning I woke with a very major charley horse in my calf. Apparently I was screaming incoherently while Glenn was trying to figure out what was wrong. The guys keep telling me that this will stop soon enough and my legs will be very toned - I guess that is a benefit.

Rose had a fever today, so Glenn and I split taking time off. He worked in the morning and I in the afternoon. It was a slow day at work for me, allowing me to learn a few new things and get a good project completely done. I think Rose will be ok. I am hoping the fever is gone tomorrow, I really need to put in as many full days as possible before leaving next week on unpaid vacation.

We have a wedding to attend this weekend and I would like to make a dress. I got it cut out last night and now I just need to sew it. However, I am out of energy tonight and quickly running out of time.

The kids got a new bed delivered today. They got snazzy new bunk beds to replace their old bunk beds. They used to have a bed with a twin bed on top and a double bed on the bottom. We had purchased it used from another friend, so it was getting a bit tired. I was afraid the bands holding the upper mattress aloft were going to give way soon. The new bed is more of a traditional bunk bed and this one can be changed to be two twin beds instead of bunk beds. This new bed has a top bunk that is about 6 inches higher than the old bed. It seems very high to me, but I will get used to it. I just have the irrational fear that a child will fall off of it. They probably won't, but I still worry.

Update I must apologize, but I turned on "word verification for comments". You will need to type in the slightly obscured word to comment on my blog. The last several times I posted an update, I immediately got comment spam.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know this has been such a hard time for you. Plus getting sick and then Rose getting sick. It will get better.

    Concentrate on Disney. It's only days away.

    Ticia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home