A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Working full time

I started working full time last Thursday. Rose is now in Montessori school. After not working full time in about 7 years, this is quite a change.

The girls and I get up at 7 am to start our day. This is quite a change for all of us. Glenn is getting up earlier when he can and getting out the door pretty quickly. We are all tired, but adjusting.

Things are going well. I am told that in a few weeks, my legs will stop burning from standing all day. One of the guys I work with described this feeling as his "legs being dipped in acid" when he started. The shoes I bought last November to work part time are shot. Today I purchased some gel insoles, and I will see if they help out my legs.

For the last two days, I have had things to attend in the evenings, so that I arrive home after the children are in bed. This is very strange for me. I saw them for an hour in the morning and then for ~10 minutes in the evening and that is it. For someone who a week ago was spending almost 24 hours a day with one of her kids, barely seeing them for two days is a bit strange. Maybe I will get used to all of this. And no, not every day will be ones where I do not see them, but even on "normal" days, I get home from work at 7:15 pm and they go to bed at 8:30 pm. That is not a huge amount of time either.

I guess what I am saying is that I miss my kids. I knew this was going to be a significant issue of going to work full time, but work was necessary, so "Hi ho, Hi ho..."

2 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that the movie version, or the Tom Waits version of Heigh Ho?

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Liana said…

    I had been thinking the movie version - more of an "off to work I go" than "dig dig dig the whole day through".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home