A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Treasure hunting

While looking for speakers for my computer, I discovered an old lighter in the basement. I know this lighter was my grandmother's, but I am not sure when she would have purchased it. It has "Colibri by Kreisler" on the bottom a US Patent number that is obscured by wear and "West Germany". When you pull the lighter out of the decorative case (as if to refill it), there is a screw to fill and the following inscriptions:
Colibri by Kreisler
U.S. Pat No: 2671329
U.S. Zone
West Germany


The lighter still has great spark, but no fuel. Even though I am not a smoker, I am considering filling it and carrying it. I don't think it is worth much, but it is old. If you have seen my house, you can understand how I might find a lighter while looking for computer speakers. Several people have threatened to call Clean Sweep on Glenn and I, but they only do one room.

Click pictures for a larger version


In other news, I have been listening to a few Podcasts recently. I was "honored" to be able to hear William Shatner doing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" on episode 101 of Coverville. In fairness, that was the episode entitled "The Best of the Worst Cover Songs". Coverville is a frequently updated podcast of nothing but covers. Many are treasures.

I am also listening to the Renaissance Festival Music Podcast. This cast features music from performers that will be at a renaissance festival the next weekend. I have heard some really good music and it has even inspired me to buy a CD from Iris & Rose. The cast from this Wednesday, July 27th featured a GREAT song (not quite renaissance, but still wonderful) entitled The Ballad of Joss by Cedric of The Bedlam Bards. If you are a fan of Firefly, I can't recommend this song enough!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home