A valley, two vines, and a flower

A place for a mom to rant and rave.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Fever revisited

I get one kid healthy and the other one gets sick. Today, Ivy missed school with a fever. This morning it was 102, so I gave her ibuprofin. Today when I got home from work, I took her temp again and it was 104, so more ibuprofin. Once again, Glenn and I split the day with him working in the morning and me in the afternoon.

We have a wedding to attend in Chicago tomorrow. I hope Ivy is well enough for us to go. Also, I had planned to make myself a new dress for this outing, but I have not been able to find the time to do the sewing to get it done. I am not sure I will have time tonight or tomorrow before we leave either.

I have been asked to come into work on Sunday. This is causing me some stress as we have the afforementioned wedding and I am not sure how tired I will be on Sunday or when I will be available for work. But we could really use the money from me working - especially since I missed two half days this week. I am not on top of how much time I worked this week, so I am not sure how much of a full week I am short.

Update: Ivy's fever responded to ibuprofin. She fell asleep as it was taking effect and is sweating like crazy. She babbled a few incoherent things when I took her temperature, but then fell back asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home